Albemarle North Fire Station
Lewis & Clark Road
This project consisted of the new construction of a Fire and Rescue Station located on the Lewis and Clark Road Extension north of Airport Road in Albemarle County. Construction began in February 2007 and was completed in February 2008.
|Owner:||County of Albemarle, Virginia
Albemarle County Office Bldg., Dept. of General Services
401 McIntire Road, Room 224, Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
449 McLaws Circle, Williamsburg, Virginia 23185
|Project Size:||16,257 sq. ft.|
Amherst Train Station, Phase II
Int. Rt. 29 Bypass & Rt. 60
This project consisted of the renovation and adaptive re-use of the Historic Amherst Train Station, which included the assurance of a weather-tight building shell with installation of windows, doors, exterior vapor barriers, siding and a clay tile roof.
Also included was the restoration and installation of select areas of roof and ceiling framing, restoration and installation of historic exterior trim details and brackets, along with installation of gutters and downspouts. A vehicular access road to Rt. 60, along with a new parking area was installed, as well as installation of water, sewer and electric utilities on site.
|Owner:||County of Amherst
P.O. Box 390, Amherst, VA 24521
Contact: David R. Proffitt, email@example.com
|Architect:||Dalgliesh, Gilpin & Paxton Architects
206 Fifth Street, NE, Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
|Project Size:||2,208 sq. ft.|
Buckingham County Courthouse
This project consisted of a new 3-story addition and renovation to the existing courthouse building located in Buckingham County, Virginia. It was completed in 2005. This historical site was the actual location of the second courthouse designed by Thomas Jefferson, built between 1822 and 1824.
The building burned down in 1869 and the current courthouse preserved in this project was completed on this same site in 1873.
13360 W. James Anderson, Buckingham, VA 23921
Rebecca Carter – 434-969-4242
207 W. Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23220
Chuck Wray – 804-788-4774
|Project Size:||42,000 sq. ft.|
Buena Vista High School
(Parry McCluer High School)
100 Bradford Road
Buena Vista, Virginia
This project consisted of new construction of approximately 80,000 sq. ft. of floor space. Parry McCluer High School is the public high school of Buena Vista Public Schools in Buena Vista, Virginia. The project was completed in 2000.
|Owner:||Buena Vista Public Schools|
|Architect:||Martin & Associates|
This memorial to the World War II D-Day Invasion was built to honor all of the lives lost on that unforgettable day. The memorial was built in Bedford, Virginia because Bedford’s per capita loss of life was more than any other locality. It honors the “Bedford Boys” and all other soldiers who lost their lives on D-Day, June 6, 1944. The project was completed in June of 2001, and was dedicated by President George W. Bush.
|Owner:||The National D-Day Memorial Foundation
P.O. Box 77, Bedford, VA 24523
Contact: April Cheek-Messier, President
|Architect:||Dickson & Associates Architects PC
Contact: Byron Dickson, AIA
1645 Thomas Jefferson Road
This new volunteer fire department was completed in 2012. It consists of 26,740 sq. ft. of building space with six bays and two floors of offices, kitchen, bathrooms and meeting rooms.
|Owner:||Forest Volunteer Fire Department
P.O. Box 140, Forest, Virginia 24551
Contact: Craig Brown
Ivy Road Fire Station
640 Kirtley Lane
The Ivy Road Fire Station was an interior renovation of an existing 5,800 sq. ft. warehouse located in Albemarle County, Virginia. This project was completed in 2013.
|Owner:||County of Albemarle, Ronald A. Lilly, Proj. Mgr.
Albemarle Co. Office Bldg., Office of Facilities Dev.
401 McIntire Rd., Room 228, Charlottesville, VA 22902
Phone: 434-872-4591 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Architect:||LeMay Erickson & Wilcox
11250 Roger Bacon Dr., Ste. 16, Reston, Virginia 20190
Michele Ferri Weaver | email@example.com | 703-956-5600